0-4-0, American Locomotive Co., construction #54627, 1914
#701 was built by the Schenectady works of American in 1914 for Chicago & Illinois Western. She was later sold to Consumers Co. and in 1959 was donated to the Railway Historical Society of Milwaukee which soon became Mid-Continent Railway Historical Society.
#701 was the first steam locomotive in Mid-Continent’s collection and was moved to Hillsboro, Wisconsin in 1962 where she was joined by #1385 for the museum’s first season. #701 was moved to North Freedom in 1963 when the museum acquired the property there.