C&S Coaches #74 - #76 - Page 2
In 1938, coaches #74 and #75 were among the cars stripped down and converted to bunk cars for the use of the line’s dismantler, Platt Rogers, Inc. They then sat on the rip track in Leadville until dismantled in May 1939 and their bodies sold to Chris Sorenson of Longmont, Colorado.
Coach #76 was refurbished and exhibited with RPO #13 and 2-6-0 #9 at the New York World’s Fair in 1939/40. After the Fair the three pieces of equipment were stored at the CB&Q shops in Aurora, Illinois, where they were joined in the mid '40s by business car #911, which had been stored at Denver.
In 1948, coach #76 was repainted as the “Deadwood Dick” and ran with the Mogul and the two other cars as the Deadwood Central at the Chicago Railroad Fair (1948-1949). This equipment was returned to the Burlington shops where it stayed until 1957, when it was moved to the Black Hills Central Railroad at Hill City, SD (then owned by the Burlington). In 1988, all were donated to the Colorado Historical Society and moved to Georgetown Loop RR at Silver Plume, Colorado.