Effective March 24, 2020, in compliance with orders from Governor Tony Evers, Mid-Continent Railway Museum will be closed until further notice to help reduce the spread of the Coronavirus. The order applies to all non-essential businesses in Wisconsin.
What this Means
- Although Mid-Continent was already closed to the public for the winter season, the property is now fully closed to all volunteers and members, including owners of private railcars kept on the property.
- No volunteer work sessions will be held.
- The MCRM administrative office will be closed.
- The April 4th Mid-Continent member meeting and banquet has been canceled. The guest speaker has been rescheduled for our Fall 2020 banquet. If you already sent a check in the mail for the banquet meal, the check will be returned to you.
If You Need to Contact Mid-Continent Staff
- Museum email addresses will continue to be monitored and responded to, including the museum’s general email address: email@example.com. This is the best method of communication during this time.
- The phones will no longer be staffed during business hours, but voicemail messages will be checked regularly and responded to within 2 business days. To leave a message for staff, call 608-522-4261.
- U.S. Postal Service mail sent to Mid-Continent will continue to be checked.
Impact on 2020 Train Ride Schedule
Our operating season is scheduled to begin on May 9th. Due to the rapidly evolving situation, it is unknown at this time if Mid-Continent will be able to begin normal operations as scheduled. At this time, no new reservations are being accepted for any trains through May 31st. Further announcements will be made in the coming weeks.
Thank you for your understanding and stay healthy.
The Mid-Continent Railway Historical Society President & Office Staff