Cupola Caboose, CMStP&P, 1929
Built in November 1929 at the Milwaukee Road’s Milwaukee, Wisconsin shops with an original number of 01601, it is believed to be the first steel cupola caboose on the Milwaukee Road. It later was converted to use as the scale test car inspector’s residence. When it was remodeled for this service, it featured hot water, shower, tile floor, and double hung windows. At some point it was renumbered to 916760. In 1977, the car was sold to equipment dealer Hyman Michaels. A museum member later purchased the car to use as bunk facilities. It arrived at North Freedom in July 1984. It is privately owned and currently used as a dormitory for volunteer crews working at the museum.