Flat Car, M&StL, January 1947
This steel flatcar was built in January 1947 for the M&StL as part of a fleet of 150 cars (odd numbers only). It is typical of the riveted steel design with wood deck prevalent at the time. The car was renumbered to #16021 in 1956. M&StL was merged into C&NW in 1960, but retained its number. C&NW renumbered the car back to its original number in 1967. In 1984, the car was donated to Mid-Continent. It arrived at North Freedom in May of that year. It has been used variously as an idler car for cranes and for storing large parts.