Mid-Continent Railway Museum to offer free admission to military personnel and their families this summer.
Mid-Continent Railway Museum is pleased to announce that it has joined museums nationwide once again this summer in the Blue Star Museums initiative, a program that provides free admission to currently-serving U.S. military personnel and their families. The 2021 program at Mid-Continent begins on Armed Forces Day, Saturday, May 15, 2021, and ends on Sunday, September 5, 2021 – the last day of train rides prior to the program’s nationwide end date on Labor Day, September 6th.
Blue Star Museums is an initiative of the National Endowment for the arts in collaboration with Blue Star Families, the Department of Defense, and participating museums. Blue Star Museums includes children’s museums, art, science, and history museums, zoos, gardens, lighthouses and more from all 50 states.
The free admission program is available to those currently-serving in the United States Military – Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps, Coast Guard as well as members of the Reserves, National Guard, U.S. Public Health Commissioned Corps, NOAA Commissioned Corps, and up to five family members.
See the complete list of Blue Star Museums.
Discount Details at Mid-Continent and How to Claim Your Tickets
- The Blue Star Museums program is limited to active military members and up to five family members. The serving military member need not be present.
- The Blue Star Museums program ends at Mid-Continent on September 5, 2021.
- Although the Blue Star program is for active military members only, Mid-Continent offers both active and retired military members a discount of $10 off their ticket every day we’re open all season long. Active and retired military members also can claim a free coach ticket during our Stars & Stripes Special weekend. These discounts outside of the Blue Star Museums program do not extend to family members.
- Free or discounted tickets are valid toward coach car seating. Discounts not valid toward onboard dining tickets.
- Free or discounted tickets must be claimed at the ticket window and are not available through the online reservation system. CAC card, DD Form 1173 ID card, or DD Form 1173-1 ID cards must be available to be presented to the ticket agent upon request.
About Mid-Continent Railway Museum
Mid-Continent Railway Historical Society–also known as Mid-Continent Railway Museum–is an outdoor, living museum and operating railroad recreating the small town/short line way of life during the “Golden Age of Railroading,” with operating trains, educational exhibits, and displays of restored rolling stock. Mid-Continent has operated at North Freedom, Wisconsin since 1963.
About the National Endowment for the Arts
Established by Congress in 1965, the National Endowment for the Arts is the independent federal agency whose funding and support gives Americans the opportunity to participate in the arts, exercise their imaginations, and develop their creative capacities. Through partnerships with state arts agencies, local leaders, other federal agencies, and the philanthropic sector, the Arts Endowment supports arts learning, affirms and celebrates America’s rich and diverse cultural heritage, and extends its work to promote equal access to the arts in every community across America. Visit arts.gov to learn more.
About Blue Star Families
Blue Star Families is the nation’s largest grass-roots military family support organization, with a mission to support military families to improve military readiness. Its distinctive approach builds stronger communities around military families through knowledge and programs that address the unique needs of those who serve. Blue Star Families’ nationally recognized surveys and analysis give military families an important voice that informs policymakers and its military family programs. It uses the power of its collective resources and cross-sector collaborations to make a difference in the lives of hundreds of thousands of members of military families to strengthen the troops, their families, and our nation as a whole. For more information, visit bluestarfam.org.