Kelly Bauman reports: “It was a pretty productive weekend. Sorry, no pictures. But here is the rundown for Sunday. I don’t know if anything happened Saturday, but I think everyone was either in training, or on crew.
“Ed Ripp and I started out ultra-sounding the boiler patches. After determining we were unsure of how the boiler was originally done, we did our own coordinate set. (For the record it was 1-23 from the front to the back, and A-L starting on the engineer’s side. This needs to be written on the sheets yet.) After Ed and I were about half way through, Jim Connor and Bruce (I think, I’m terrible with names) finished the other half. We then moved out to the tender and set up a grid all the way around the outside two feet high. Jim and I also removed some of the crud off the sides of the coal bin, but after looking at it decided not to draw the grid. It’s in pretty bad shape just looking at it…. [Meanwhile], Ed Ripp and Jason Sobcyznski continued to remove accessories from the 1385. However thunderstorms and the picnic cut short any further work.