Bunk Car, Builder Unknown, 1951
Sometime between 1958 and 1963, this bunk car was converted from a steel boxcar for the Milwaukee Road B&B (Bridges & Buildings) Department’s use as a bunk car for traveling crews. It was last used by Milwaukee Road’s sucessor Soo Line in 1989. At that time, it was sold to a private individual at Prairie du Chien, Wisconsin and stored there for several years. In 2003, it was purchased by a museum member and moved to North Freedom in September of that year for use as a bunk car for museum volunteers.