We had an A-mazing session working on the #9 this last weekend. The locomotive looks very, very different, as we removed the grab irons, sand dome, base of the steam dome, and her bell for restoration of those parts, but also to increase exposure of the boiler for future cleaning and painting. It wasn’t all stripping of parts this weekend, as we did reinstall the smokestack. So she still does look a little like a locomotive. Thanks to Ed Ripp for his excellent operator work on the Lull. And thanks again to our regular crew of Steve, Frank, Mike, Jay, and of course Fletcher, for making it an enjoyable and safe job. The next volunteer session is set for July 24-25, so come down and lend a hand, bring some young members family, or friends.
Update provided by Jason Reiman