Last Update: August 29, 11:20 AM
The museum remains open and all trains are departing as scheduled today (Wednesday, August 29).
AFTER 5 PM WEDNESDAY, MID-CONTINENT WILL BE CLOSED INDEFINITELY UNTIL FLOODWATERS RECEDE. NO TRAINS WILL BE OPERATING AND ALL BUILDINGS WILL BE CLOSED.
There are no known road closures in the immediate vicinity of the museum as of August 29. Some roads in the greater area are closed. These closures could impact some visitors arriving today. Known closures to primary highways include:
- From the West & North
- Hwy 33 between Union Center and Reedsburg
- Hwy 58 between Mauston and Ironton
- Hwy 16 between Mauston and Lyndon Station
- I-90/I-94 eastbound between New Lisbon and Wisconsin Dells
- From the East
- I-90/I-94 westbound between Portage and New Lisbon
- From the South
- Hwy 14 between Mazomanie and Cross Plains
This post will be updated as any new and pertinent information becomes available.